(ASCEND) Scripting telnet for resets

>On Tue, 2 Dec 1997, John Coy wrote:
>
>> Do you use any special software that you wrote to do this?
>> I mean, certainly you don't telnet to 100 MAXen and update
>> the config like that?  If you wrote some perl script or
>> some other program to automate the task, could you share it
>> with the mailing list?
>
>From: Jason Nealis <nealis@babylon.erols.com>
>
> Actually right now what I do it via SNMP, But I still have to telnet
>to each box and do the nvram, Cause the SysReset variable is only
>in the I branch (UGH COUGH COUGH DAMMIT), But once 6.0 comes up
>you can use this upgrade as many boxes as needed but you need CMU's
>SNMP installed to do it.

If you have a Mac around you could use DataComet, which is a scriptable
telnet app, terminal emulator, etc. You can get it at
http://www.databeast.com/.

I don't see any reason you couldn't script a tload, fclear, fsave, nvr. If
I had hundreds of Maxen, I'd sure do it... assuming I didn't kill myself.
;-)

Peter Lalor
Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com