Re: (ASCEND) MAX 4000 Callback problem

At 02:52 PM 12/3/97 +0100, Sten Bæk Sørensen wrote:

>When I set the customer router to callback after a few seconds it
>increases the chances of success, which seems to indicate that the MAX
>won't accept a call while it is still dialing out.

That is correct.

>The customer router disconnects the initial call immediately, but the MAX
>seems to keep the line open for a few seconds, and hence the problem.

I would suggest you investigate this further, as we have seen this also
in Germany where the called-party disconnects, but the disconnect is NOT
sent to the calling end for a few seconds. The MAX did not know the remote
end had disconnected.

>Is there any way to make the MAX accept a callback call although it is
>still actively requesting the callback? - or is there a way to make the
>MAX disconnect a callback request quicker?

I don't think it's the MAX "holding on" to the call - but the call disconnect
message is being delayed on it's way to the MAX.

>I tried Ascend-Shared-Profile-Enable = Yes, but it doesn't seem to have
>any effect.

No, but I thought that:

                Ascend-Expect-Callback = Expect-Callback-Yes,
                Ascend-Send-Auth=Send-Auth-None,

would have had the desired effect. I did think that this tells the MAX to
drop the
call from this end when 'authenticated' - which *may* be the secret....have
you
tried making the MAX authenticate to the remote end with:

                Ascend-Expect-Callback = Expect-Callback-Yes,
                Ascend-Send-Auth=Send-Auth-PAP,

for example?

>I could make the customer router wait several seconds before calling back,
>but that is not acceptable. Setting up a connection using callback is slow
>enough as it is.

I guess while we investigate this, you may want to do that. Unless the
authenticate trick works....I'll check into it more here.

Kevin