Re: (ASCEND) New beta software

Hi!

> At 18:03 1997/12/03 -0800, Richard Johnsson wrote:
> >I've tried several of the t*k.m40 files and all have errors in loading.
> >Although the files are all over 1MB, the Max tries to load them as thin
>
> >The system I was trying to load is a 4002 with K56 modems (still) running
> >5.0ap36.
>
> maybe try moving to 5.0Ai13 first, then to 6.0b...
> there may be some added intelegence there that is missing from p36?
>
> I had no problems loading an 1800 though,
> straight from 5.0ap33 -> 6.0b and having no problems (so far any way)

Actually I've found that loading 6.0 is a two-phase process.
First - you loading the code and get "RESTRICTED LOAD - TRY AGAIN"
because it seems to me that they loading not all the code
because of the restrictions and/or different load format and
Second - you repeating the code loading and will see that the
process (i.e. messages) is very different.
Of course this can be done succesfully only via console
serial cable. Looks that format of NVRAM database for parameters
was changed from 5.0 to 6.0 so your current config will be lost.

Regards,

     Eugene Nesterenko