Re: (ASCEND) Feature Request

On Thu, Dec 04, 1997 at 10:13:06PM -0500, Tim Connolly wrote:
>     Obviously this isn't the place for a feature request.....
> Anyway, I finally convinced that NavisAccess was worth the
> $2K (list) price after testing 6.0b1 on Max 4048. There are
> a few minor things I was surprized to see...  Like in the
> NA-Call Logging screen, it shows the connect rate (transmit)
> but no the 56K enhanced rate, although the finger server does!
>     Also, it sure would be nice to be able to log more than 8 Max's
> in 8 seperate files. I'm referring to the Ether-Mod-Log setting
> of local0 thru local7. When you have as many Maxen and other
> remote syslog'ing devices, it sucks having to fire up another box
> just to do syslog'ing on a few more boxes.

Isn't that exactly the reason why 6.0 has the Syslog Port parameter ?
You can run any number of syslog daemons on your box on different
listen ports and don't need another box. What I would demand, however,
is more control of the log levels certain components log at - it is
close to impossible to filter out SecureAccess logs from the rest of
syslog, but would be easy if SA would always log on a certain level
no other component uses. Beeing able to give components different
facilities would even be better ;)

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft) beck@ibh-dd.de XLink PoP Dresden | o |