Re: (ASCEND) Dialing out w/ 4048 (fwd)

At 04:46 PM 12/8/97 -0500, Mike Neagle wrote:
>I have a connection profile set up on a 4048 that works fine on the
>incoming call, but upon dial-out it disconnects with a cause code of "088
>Incompatible Destination."  What could cause this?  Is this a setting in
>the Max or something at the phone switch?

If I recall correctly, this likely due to placing a 64K call over a path
which can only take 56K bearer. Check your telco or try a different access
code. Try setting the outgoing profile for 56K and see if it works.

>Also, I have two maxes that are stacked.  I have this profile set up on
>the first max.  I can't set up the profile on the second max because the
>static routes in our WAN router are pointing to the first max.  My
>question: Will, in the case that the first Max becomes full and calls roll
>over to max2, max2 pick up the call and authenticate and create routes,
>etc. from the profile defined on max1?

I don't think so. If max2 is the bundle holder then it must have the
routes. You can do some creative route designs to accomplish what you need.

Matt Holdrege		http://www.ascend.com	matt@ascend.com