(ASCEND) Need Extinguisher for Firewall Software!!

A last week I had a customer purchase a P75 and the Secure Access Software.

 Upon reciept I had it sent to me for configuration, figured I would upgrade it well it was here,

and the activation of the internal firewall feature.

I did all of the upgrades and configs, but Ascend was a little slow about getting me the hash codes (No Problem)

so the weekend passes....

Monday evening. After a few more calls my keys arrive by both fax and email :-)

After entering the codes I Reset the box.

Seconds later I began to smell that fine odor electronic fusion.

After powering down my workstation, monitor and the light behind me, I traced the smell to non-other than the p75.

I unpluged it from the power supply and smelled further... and yes this was definately the source.

In the time I have been working with these products this is definately a first.

Result: p75 with 1st degree firewall burns.

****The Following message was sent as a reply the the hash code email form Ascend.

Thank you for your assistance whit this matter.

However, I seem to hit a small snag....

Upon recieving the code, I reopened my terminal program, and line by line cut and pasted the codes.

After the entery of the last code I typed 'reset'.

As the box finished its self test... it caught fire.

Well I realize the Secure Access "FIREwall" software is meant to prevent unauthorized access, I , and my co-workers

think this is a little extreme.

I have disconnected the box from the power supply, and opened a few windows.

I also have left message on your general support voice mail box (I apologize for the laughter in the background.)

Please contact me (or forward apporpriately) at your earliest convenience.

Christopher Beaumont

Administrator / Special Electronics Extinguishing Div.

Net Nevada / Intuitive Logic

(702) 386-0010

Christopher Beaumont

Intuitive Logic

111 N. 7th St.       Las Vegas,     NV    89101

(702) 386-1078

Signed or Encrypted Messages Preffered

PGP Public Key ID 0xB2893691