Re: (ASCEND) Q: Status of OSPF in 5.0Ap36

In article <3.0.1.32.19971208154321.00b936d0@mktg_srv.ascend.com> you wrote:

>>1. Do I have to reboot the max to enable OSPF (uptime 11:05:05:24 with
>>Ap36 :)) ). I tried to enable OSPF with all the settings in place and
>>nothing happened (ospfAVLtree: Ospf is not running).

>Yes, that's still required....I don't recall the reasons, but I'll
>ask again - to see if there's a chance that it may change in the
>near future ??

IMHO it's not much of a problem, the routing protocol is not something
that one is likely to change on a daily basis. Our Livingston PM2E's
require a reboot as well (which is much worse because we have a bunch
of analog leased lines with modems that don't tend to come back online
immediately),
Of course the reliability of the OSPF implementation is much more
important, I'll see how that works out :)

>>2. From your experience, what are the impacts on stability that I
>>should expect while running OSPF?

>YMMV - from the different feedback I've seen on this list alone.

I'll keep the list updated :)

--
Oliver J. Albrecht <oj@nexus.flensbone.net>