Re: (ASCEND) 6.0b and MAX4000

On Wed, Dec 10, 1997 at 07:47:56AM +0100, Frank Kargl wrote:
> Hi ...
>
> Bob Tanner wrote:
> > Alex wrote:
> > > Has anyone successfully loaded a 6.0b on a MAX4000?
> > > First impression?
> >
> > I do not see this firmware release on the FTP site. Can you point out
> > where to get  this release?
>
> To answer the first question: yes, 6.0b1 runs on my MAX4000. It seems to
> run stable (although I loaded it yesterday, so I don't have too much
> experience with it ;-) I had a problem with 5.0Ap36 (my P50s weren't able
> to get a MPP connection to the Max, PPP worked fine) that has disappeared
> after the upgrade to 6.0, so for me 6.0 is definitely better.

*ÄHEM*

Is this "P50 cannot connect with MPP" like:

* The profiles for the P50s are in RADIUS
* They call in and are dropped in LCP negotiations
* Max doesn't negotiate MP nor does it negotiate MP away so the LCP
  loops and fails
* P50 dial in repeatedly just to be dropped again and again making
  Ron Sommer nearly as rich as Bill Gates ?

If yes, I'm glad to hear the bug is still there in p36 and _not_ in
6.0 so I know when to finally leave our p13 "platform of lowest common
scaryness".

*Argh* (ever seen a -T-- invoice of > 16000 units ?)

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft) beck@ibh-dd.de XLink PoP Dresden | o |