(ASCEND) Re: 6.0 Beta drops Frame Links

>    I have been using 6.0b1 locally and by mistake loaded it on a
>remote 4004/56 also. Yesterday the T1 dropped and never returned.
>I ended up having to drive to the site only to find everything looking
>normal other than the FR-link was not active. I did a soft-reset using
>System->Sys Diag-> Sys Reset
>and everything came back normally. I immediately reloaded 5.0aAp36.
>Any ideas or explanations ? It was suggested that the incrementals
>have problems with FR, but I assumed 6.0 would have fixed this....
>Assumed being the key word....

This is a really good reason to have a modem and a phone line on the
console port on any remote units. Now if I could just make it work...

If anyone wants to share settings for console port and modem to make this
work, I'd love to hear it, particularly for a TNT.

Peter Lalor
Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com
http://www.infoasis.com/