(ASCEND) Re: ASCII codes

>I am writing some java scripts for Max.
>What I need to know is what ascii signs for Ctrl-d I have to send via Telnet
>to the Max to get in to the debug mode?
>^d did not working correctly
>How to send ESC[ESC=?
>Any idea how to auto login in to debug mode via java script?

CTRL-D is ASCII 4, but you need to get yourself an ASCII conversion
utility. Try searching the Net; there's tons of 'em.

We were just trying to do something similar yesterday, by way of the
console port. We had some trouble getting our script (not Java,
AppleScript) to send CTRL-D. You might have better luck with ESC[ESC= if
you have the same problem.

I don't think there's any way to auto-login to debug.

Peter Lalor
Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com
http://www.infoasis.com/