Re: (ASCEND) Burp Tone

At 10:36 AM 12/9/97 -0500, Llabona, Nelson wrote:
>Group,
>
>the 56k burp tone has been well documented in the last couple of months.
>
>Is there a list of client modems that are affected by the burp tone, and
>thus require the extra commas after the MAX's phone number.

I don't know that any list has been compiled, but it's been pretty common in
so called no-name V.32 and V.34 modems. USR modems also seem to be affected
but not in the same way...

Also, as a quick note - as Jason has hinted to, we should have a version
1.160t from Rockwell in the next patch release....which appears to fix the
burp tone problem in all of the modems that *we* had experienced problems
with.

Kevin