Re: (ASCEND) dial-out on a p50 to a max1800

At 02:04 PM 12/16/97 -0500, Troy Settle wrote:
>Hey all,
>
>I just got my ISDN CENTREX up and running, but I'm wondering how to get the
>second channel up.
>
>Currently, we have a MAX1800 with 2 BRI ports active.  Both of these BRI
>ports are seperate centrex circuits.  the first, is 0110 and 0111.  the
>second is 1293 and 1294.
>
>On my P50, I have a profile with the dial# set to 1293, and it works great.
>But when it tries to dial for the second channel, it's attempting to dial
>0110 (and fails since this is on a separate telco circuit). Is the P50
>getting this information from the 1800?

Yes. Via MP+ or BACP...

>If so, how do I get it to dial 1294
>instead?

On the MAX1800 setup "trunk groups" to group the channels. Set the channels
on port 1 to both '9', and on port 2 to both '8' for example. The potential
catch here is that *IF* you dial out from the MAX, you need to remember to
prefix the dial-out number with the relevant trunk-group number (8 or 9).

Kevin