(ASCEND) Re: upgrade

>I am operating 2 pipe 50's in a SOHO netowork runnning version 5.0A. I
>have some problems with these things and therefore want to upgrade to
>version 5.1 which is according to a lot of mail I've seen in this group
>"infinitely" better than 5.0.

Good idea.

> Who can help me with a TFTP program to run under Win'95 because I only
>have the normal ftp program. Or should I do this via the serial port and
>use PCplus?

Do it via the serial port using any terminal if you don't have any way to
run tftp.

Once you're connected and controlling the unit via a terminal:

1. Save your config. System-Sys Diag-Save Config.
2. Write down any passwords. They don't get saved this way.
3. Do  Esc [ Esc -  in quick succession to start the upload.
4. Send the file Xmodem.
5. After the upload completes, the unit restarts under the new load.
6. Do  Esc [ Esc =  in quick succession to get to Debug mode.
7. Type nvr to clear non-volatile RAM. The unit resets.
8. Load your config. System-Sys Diag-Upload Config. You might have to type
q after it's done to regain control.
9. Reenter your password(s).
10. Reset the unit. System-Sys Diag-Sys Reset.

Peter Lalor
Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com
http://www.infoasis.com/