Re: (ASCEND) Pipeline75 dialing into USR I-Modem @ 128k

At 12:02 1997/12/18 -0600, Taylor Blackwell wrote:
>Still not making any progress.  I've confirmed that the Telco has hunt'd
>the group on the USR side.  According to USR, and in practice I've
>confirmed, I have to dial the 2nd DN first, followed by the 1st DN to do
>MP connections, hence, 128k.  Well, I've even tried to do it with
>multiple connection profiles, and I think I've hozed the Pipe now, it
>refuses to dial a 2nd B.  Strange...

If the line is really hunting, you should definitely need
to dial only a single number... twice.
maybe they are hunting voice and not data?
or maybe the line also has ACO but the courier doen't support it?

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D