Re: (ASCEND) TNT 672 modems, DS3 Channelized

On Fri, 19 Dec 1997, Stephen Balbach wrote:

|Odd. Our universal SLC is OC-3 and it's intraoffice.

Quite Common.

|I don't know the specifics on the switch but I find it hard to imagine
|Bell Atlantics largest interoffice backbone is DS1. I could believe the
|interface to the switch is DS1, but dont believe they haul from the switch
|to our location on DS1.

Believe it. The transport is over Fiber for transport, but from the
FOT --> switch all the traffic is demuxed into T1s into the switch.

Jonah

Jonah Barron Yokubaitis    | Austin|San Antonio|Houston
President                  | Dallas|Fort Worth|Boerne
Texas.Net	 	   | Georgetown|Dripping Springs
http://www.texas.net       | Making 56k affordable