(ASCEND) DHCP, BootP relay, NT and Windows 95 clients

This is probably a duplicate posting -- apologies in advance if it is...

Does anyone know if the bootp relay support of the P75 (v5.0Ai4) works with
NT v4.0 DHCP (SP 3) and Windows '95 client (OSR2)?

The DHCP server definitely works without the bootp relay.

Using a protocol analyzer here is the packet activity: on the client/bootp
side, the client issues a Bootp/DHCP request for an address, then I see the
router issuing ARP request using the IP address I expect the DHCP server to
issue, but I never see a DHCP offer packet, so the workstation keeps
issuing requests and the router sending ARP requests.

Maybe the problem is with the NT DHCP implementation.  I haven't looked at
the packet activity on the other side.  Just hoped someone could tell me
they have it working or maybe confirm that there is a problem.