Re: (ASCEND) DHCP, BootP relay, NT and Windows 95 clients

>Does anyone know if the bootp relay support of the P75 (v5.0Ai4) works
with
>NT v4.0 DHCP (SP 3) and Windows '95 client (OSR2)?

Not sure about the Pipeline units, but we know that it doesn't work with
the max's bootp... we had asked Ascend tech support about this and foggy
memory seems to recall that bootp wasn't meant to work with DHCP... the
"exact" answer is probably buried in one of the TR's at Ascend, but to make
a long story short, max's bootp and NT's DHCP don't talk to each other like
one would initially think they would... so my assumption is that the same
is true of the Pipelines.

Sam Akhtar              Operations & Engineering
IBIS, Inc.              http://www.ibisnet.net/
NT-ISP                  FrontPage, ASP, Java and more!