Re: (ASCEND) Channelized T1 - 56k and debugging

Will Pierce wrote:

> Howdy Craig,
>
> Thanks for your speedy response!
>  ----
> From: Craig Salmond <salmond@unix.cde.com>
> > I noticed that when the TELCO had our T1 set to AMI/D4 that we
> >lost all our diagnostic functions from the 10-400 status window. If you
> >don't have B8ZS and ESF, you do not get the extra stats, and if memory
> >serves correctly you can get 8bit clean connections with AMI/D4.
> > Mat Renner is one of ascends strongest TELCO people their, I'd
> >suggest a call to him..
>
> Thanks, Craig- I will definitely speak to him soon.
>
> >> What I'm looking for is:
> >> 1- Has anyone with channelized T1 gotten 56k to work on a MAX?  On a

We have gotten it to work (not that we had to do anything) and we are
having trouble with some ZOOM modems, but otherwise we're fine. One
user with a Motorola external is getting 48K or better everytime, and
on test downloads of my tar'red GIF -> compressed file show 4.9-5.2
kbps....

Our CT1's are B8ZS and ESF, though- and I had heard someone mention
more than a YEAR ago that AMI/D4 would probably have problems- it
wasn't on this list; it was somewhere on Usenet most likely.

At any rate I ordered the lines that way, and we have a new CT1 that
went in by mistake at AMI/D4. It's not up yet but if I get the number
before they change it I'll test it and post negative results here.

'Shot