Re: (ASCEND) Experience with NetWarp128 and NetWarpPro?

At 12:15 PM 6/19/97 -0700, Kevin Smith wrote:

>At 08:32 PM 6/18/97 +0100, Steve Brown wrote:

>>I find it somewhat implausible that the Netwarp 128 would not work with NT
>>4.0 (Workstation or Server).  Why would Ascend release this product without
>>first certifying its operation with the fastest-growing operating system on
>>the market?  Or does Ascend believe all small-office or SOHO users of NT
>>will be buying Pipelines?

>NW/NWPro was passed through Microsoft certification for NT, so it should work
>under NT4.0...and we have many customers who are doing just that - as well
>as numerous in the LAB.

Kevin, please tell me how to contact those many customers.  We've managed
to get past the SoundBlaster conflict, but still have problems with using
IRQs >10, and still have the problem with the card/driver using all available
cpu time.  We're not imagining this.  We've called your support folks and
they've told us that these are all known problems.

 -- David Youatt, dpy@aw.sgi.com, +1 (206) 287-5623