(ASCEND) p75 from usa to taipei

our company has an ascend max1800 at our central site and uses
pipeline75s for remote office connections in the US.  we would like to
try a p75 isdn router to replace comms to our taipei, taiwan office.

would a p75 purchased in the US be able to be configured to talk to a
switch in taipei?   to test our ideas, we hope to "mock up" the remote
site network (taiwan)(in our back room) and connect via the p75 to our
central site max1800.  when we are sure that our filters and configs are
solid, we would then ship the equipment to taipei, taiwan.  we hope to
then configure the p75 to talk to the taipei switch.

our non-technical folks in taipei seem to think that the telephone
bureau always supplies an NT-1.  does that mean we need a p75 with a
"S/T" interface?  can i connect an p75 with a "U" interface legally?
our folks in taipei cannot seem to find out what the spids are for a
video conference setup and the telephone numbers they report for dial-in
do not make sense.  i am a "lan bozo" stuck in a world of confusing
telco switch terms.

has anyone been involved in a similar deployment?   can anyone point me
toward some resources (free or otherwise)?

tia for helping a newbie,

bob confino
graco children's products
raconfino@gracocorp.com