Re: (ASCEND) p75 from usa to taipei

At 04:27 PM 6/27/97 -0400, Bob Confino wrote:
>our company has an ascend max1800 at our central site and uses
>pipeline75s for remote office connections in the US.  we would like to
>try a p75 isdn router to replace comms to our taipei, taiwan office.
>
>would a p75 purchased in the US be able to be configured to talk to a
>switch in taipei?   to test our ideas, we hope to "mock up" the remote
>site network (taiwan)(in our back room) and connect via the p75 to our
>central site max1800.  when we are sure that our filters and configs are
>solid, we would then ship the equipment to taipei, taiwan.  we hope to
>then configure the p75 to talk to the taipei switch.
>
>our non-technical folks in taipei seem to think that the telephone
>bureau always supplies an NT-1.  does that mean we need a p75 with a
>"S/T" interface?  can i connect an p75 with a "U" interface legally?
>our folks in taipei cannot seem to find out what the spids are for a
>video conference setup and the telephone numbers they report for dial-in
>do not make sense.  i am a "lan bozo" stuck in a world of confusing
>telco switch terms.

We've generally sent out -j version of the P75 which is S/T. This is the
Japanese version and it seems to work well in Taiwan. I've heard that parts
of Taiwan are moving towards a U interface as are parts of Japan. They
don't use SPID's in Taiwan.

Matt Holdrege  -  http://www.ascend.com  -  matt@ascend.com