(ASCEND) SNMP Traps.

Perhaps someone can explain to me why my Pipe 50 needs a reset after
configuring Ethernet>SNMP Traps?  I find this a very strange requirement,
that I reboot is needs for the change to take effect.

Also, can someone suggest why the SNMP that traps were configured on our
MAX 4004 'port traps' that it doesn't seems to work. release 5.0Ap5.
Community name, IP, everything is configured but it just doesn't want to
send the traps. I even had the machine rebooted in case it was the same
deal as the Pipe 50.  Yet the pipe 50 had no trouble sending the traps as
long as it got the reboot.

Thanks

Paul Monaghan
ACC TelEnterprises