RE: (ASCEND) Ascend DoS attack

I'm real interested in this, because I'm not seeing the "flakiness"
described. (or I'm missing something obvious, which is not unlikely).

On the Cisco that you said was mixing rip with OSPF ... that should only
happen if you purposely have a 'redistribute' statement in your router
OSPF {pid} stanza. I have never seen IOS redistribute without that.

If you need to run both rip and OSPF, you certainly want rip2 to handle
the VLSM issue.

Best regards,

David Van Allen - You Tools Corporation / FASTNET(tm)
dave@fast.net (610) 289-1100  http://www.fast.net
FASTNET - PA/NJ/DE Internet Solutions