(ASCEND) Max4004 with MacRadius

>I am using MacRadius in conjunction with a Max4004. I seem to be having a
>problem setting the duration of a session. I want to also have no timeout
>for some users. The attrs. I am trying to use are:
>
>27 Max connect time (secs) 54000
>28 Idle Timeout (secs) 1800
>125 Ascend Maximum call Duration (min) 900
>194 Ascend Max Time (secs) 54000
>
>Right now I have them set to the values to the right but, a connection
>only lasts for 8 hours exactly. In my Max book their is no 27, 28 or 125.
>
>Am I looking at this all wrong? Is anyone else using this program?

We have used MacRADIUS for months with no problems, so that part is okay at
least.

We don't limit session duration; we only set idle timeout. Note that you
set Idle Timeout under Ascend III, _not_ Call Setup (or whatever it's
called).

I'd suggest asking Cyno this question directly.

If you want to have timeouts for some users and not others, you'll need to
either make different groups or not specify the setting in the group but
rather per-user.

Peter Lalor
Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com