(ASCEND) PRIs getting 'stuck'

For the longest time, we had two max4000s with 4 T1s of dialup.  1 was a
PRI and the others were just channelized T1.  We just upgraded to all PRIs
and all hell broke loose.  It's very odd.  What happens is we will see one
B channel showing 'r' forever.  Once this happens, anyone that dials in
gets a reorder and everything is hosed.

It looks like this:

-*--**r******s

If I hang up the session showing:

>A Answer

I get the message:

Far End Hung Up
Cause code 081

Another thing we are seeing is moments when everything stalls.  If I were
to ping one of the PPP modem connections, I would get normal response
times and then suddenly everything stops.  Then a whole pile of echos come
back with insane ping times (like a 10000 ms) and then all returns to
normal for a while.

Does anyone out there know what 'clock source y/n' does?  Out of pure
desperation, I changed this parameter from N to Y and things *seemed* to
get much better (perhaps not perfect but almost normal).

I still get these stuck sessions though.  I only started to see this when
I switched to PRI.  We are running an odd software version 'cos we needed
a feature that was released in 4.6Ci17 so that is what we are running.

Would a software upgrade be in order here?  We really need some help with
this one... It is clearly a disaster.... Before calling tech support, I
thought maybe Kevin Smith or someone else may offer some advice.

Thanks,

Steve Camas
Long Island Information, Inc.