Re: (ASCEND) K56flex connect rate reporting? (fwd)

At 02:14 AM 5/20/97 -0700, MegaZone wrote:
>Once upon a time Kevin Smith shaped the electrons to say...
>>I would be interested to find out where you read/heard that, since the same
>>limitation exists in all implementations: X2, K56Plus, V.flex and K56Flex.
>
>Motorola has claimed it, as has Lucent.  The claim is that the patented
>technology Lucent has, that is part of K56flex, allows the 56K rate on
>good lines, without the brute force X2 method.

Motorola uses Rockwell DSPs, so I don't see how they can claim anything
beyond what Rockwell has stated. I also believe that this FCC regulation
will effect Lucent too in the same manner. Outside the US, of course we
can still talk about 56K... :)

Kevin Smith                              Updated Service and Support
Ascend Communications                    Resources are now at:
                                         http://www.ascend.com/service