(ASCEND) Mysterious appearing route

Max 4004, 5.0Ap3, 6 12x Modem Cards, two channelized T-1 for dial up,
output sent over 10bt to a Livingston PortMaster IRX Router.

Every once in a while, the Max will report a route directly to my BSDI
Radius/DNS server (xxx.xxx.xxx.1/32) over one of the Wan ports (last night
it was Wan12).  A traceroute from the Max reports that it reaches the
server in one hop. A traceroute from the server never gets to the Max.

The actual route should be this:
Max--10bt--Livingston IRX--Frame Relay--Cisco 2514--10bt--BSDI server
and not:
Max--BSDI server

Most of the routes are static, the others are RIP derived.  I'm not
currently using OSPF.  Once I get rid of the erronious route, everything
returns to normal until it appears again.

I'm about to get a bunch of 4048's, and I'd sure like to have this
problem cleared up before I put them into use.  I would welcome any tips,
suggestions, or hints.

|                    Lee Nelson                      |
|                  lnelson@e-z.net                   |
|            http://www.e-z.net/~lnelson             |
|         System Administrator, E-Z.Net Inc.         |
|                  (360)260-1122                     |
|          209 NE 120th Ave. Suite B                 |
|               Vancouver, WA  98684                 |