Re: (ASCEND) ISDN SPIDs and area code changes

At 03:55 PM 5/22/97 -0700, Lee Jones wrote:

>>> You just wish.....
>>>
>>> IMHE, The LEC will change the SPID's on an announced day.
>
>> And tell your lec to NOT use the area code in the SPID. I'm glad GTE
>> doesn't do that since I'm in the middle of a split now.
>
>No longer true around here (east of downtown LA [Matt's former
>stomping grounds]).  Since early this year, all new ISDN lines
>I've gotten from GTE have included the area code in the SPID
>no matter what kind of switch is in the serving CO.  When I
>asked, I was told it's their new policy.

Yeah, I forgot that the new generic SPID adopted by the NIUF, NIC and all
the RBOC's and GTE is NPANXXXXXX0101. I guess I'm lucky that I have just
NXXXXXX0101.

>My company's area code (818) is splitting mid-June '97.  Oh joy.

I think we have about 200 million numbers now in California. Someday AIN
will fix all this. Yeah right.

Matt Holdrege  -  http://www.ascend.com  -  matt@ascend.com