Re: (ASCEND) OSPF and Area Border Router on Max

Jason,

We're talking about 15 Maxes.

I don't want to run RIP, because it won't summarize the updates.  It
reports ALL the /32 routes to my core routers every 60s.  That causes
my BGP sessions to flap on the Internet, which causes my dial-in
customers to not be reachable.

Right now I'm running all Static routes to the Maxes, but this is becoming
frought with danger, since we've had human errors cause problems
recently.

By making the Max an ABR, I will get route summaries only into the OSPF
cloud, and all the individual /32 routes in the Max will be held
internally.

-Rob