Re: (ASCEND) OSPF and Area Border Router on Max

> I don't want to run RIP, because it won't summarize the updates.  It
> reports ALL the /32 routes to my core routers every 60s.  That causes
> my BGP sessions to flap on the Internet, which causes my dial-in
> customers to not be reachable.

	What kind of border router do you have? Any router capable of BGP
out to be capable of not flapping your routes in one way or another. A
simple thing to do (this is a Cisco solution) is to attach all your dialin
/24s (or whatever block size they are) or all your CIDR blocks (if you
have any) to Null0. This way there is a more general route that will keep
you from flapping, even if you are aggregating your RIP learned routes on
your border routers. The nice thing about attaching all your CIDR blocks
to Null0 is that you'll never flap and you can freely learn or apply
static routes for all the more specific blocks.

Josh Beck - CONNECTnet Network Operations Center - jbeck@connectnet.com