Re: (ASCEND) caller-id on POTS port of new P75

> >I suspect my problem is also timestamp related.  My caller-ID box has
> >no facility to manually set the time.  I found in the manual that the
> >internal time is set by the timestamp of the first incoming call
> >announcement.  My hypothesis is that the box is still waiting for a
> >timestamp and is, therefore, not yet open for the business of
> >displaying phone numbers.
>
> If you want to set the time, plug the box into a POTS line to learn the
> time. Then move it to the P75. Worked for me.

I'll do that as soon as I find somebody with caller-id on a pots line
that will let me.  I'm sure one of my neighbors does... I just gotta'
go find out which one.  Thanks.

--
Earl Barfield  --  Operations Department / Information Technology
Internet: Earl.Barfield@oit.gatech.edu    earl@prism.gatech.edu