(ASCEND) sigh

<rant>

Ok, perhaps I'm feeling a little bit anal this morning, but after 2.5
hours sleep, and several clues ahead, I'm really starting to wonder.

a) upgrade to 5.0ap27, no problem (for k56)
b) realize isdn/sw56 calls are not coming in
c) search ascends site for possible causes - nada,zilch,less than 0
d) figure out for some wonderful reason, we need hash codes.
   call ascend, get run around about my p/o number.

Ok, bitch number #1, how many god damned times does ascend take
information about me, and my company?  Hell, I get faxed three times /
week, anytime you do anything with ascend they ask your name, your company
etc.  Perhaps I'm feeling a little bitter, but for christ sake, you should
be able to tell who your customers are, and what they have purchased.

bitch #2, how about documenting the fact that you may need hash codes in
your "how to upgrade your maxen" file eh?  would that be too much to ask?
like WARNING, BY INSTALLING THIS FLASH YOU MAY DISABLE VITAL COMPONENTS OF
YOUR SYSTEM AND HAVE TO SPEND HOURS ON THE PHONE GETTING SOMEONE TO GIVE
YOU A DAMNED HASH CODE.

bitch #3 Promises promises promises.  AOS openly states that now you too
can generate hash codes online.  Just take the time to fill out ALL YOUR
INFORMATION AGAIN BECAUSE WE DIDN'T GET IT THE FIRST 80 TIMES and you too
can have access, NOT. No hash code generator, hell, no link to a hash code
generator, in fact, no mention whatsoever of the hash code generator, one
almost gets the feeling that its lost on the weeb pining for the fjords.
Any URL pointers to ascend that don't 404? (yet another ascendism)

So, having given Ascend my serial number, my lease number, the description
that I need hash codes to enable X feature, I'm put back in the queue
waiting while I have customers who can't access.

Perhaps I'm jaded, that other vendors have support people who give you
their 1800 pager number, or get back to you in 20 minutes, or maybe that
they don't require me to tell them 80 times who the fsck I am, what I have
bought and what the hell the problem is ;)

Now, this isn't meant to shoot specific people, but more of a JESUS H
LOVIN CHRIST perhaps these might be issues you want to address.

</rant>

Michael the frustrated.