(ASCEND) IE4.0 vs. Pipeline Monitor/Configurator.

Since putting Internet Explorer 4.0 (release version) on my NT 4.0 SP3 box,
neither the Pipeline Monitor nor the Configurator will go beyond the
address screen. The new IE 4.0 changes most of the Java files. I assume
this caused the problem. The Configurator install offers the option of
installing the basic Java files on the system, but this doesn't seem to be
a reasonable choice because many of the Java files updated in the new IE
would be overwritten with questionable results.