Re: (ASCEND) PPP Echo Failed with Macintosh Customers

> Quick question for all, has any body else had this problem
> with there Macintosh customers?  I am using 5.0ap27 with Max4002's and
> 56k modem cards.  The problem is they are getting disconnected with a
> PPP LCP ECHO FAILURE error message.  This seems to have shown up
> within the last two upgrades ap24 and ap27.  I don't have that
> many Mac customers (phew), so I am not sure how many are having
> this problem. But I have had two in the last 2 days.

LCP ECHO is LQM (Link Quality Monitoring). You can probably bypass the
problem by turning LQM off in the Answer profile, or maybe it will work
if LQM is turned on on the Mac.

But in any case the true source of the problem sounds like a bug in the
Mac, though I've never seen it and we have lots of Mac customers.

Are the Mac's using ConfigPPP, FreePPP or Open Transport PPP, and which
version?

-Phil