(ASCEND) PPP Echo Failed with Macintosh Customers

Quick question for all, has any body else had this problem
with there Macintosh customers?  I am using 5.0ap27 with Max4002's and
56k modem cards.  The problem is they are getting disconnected with a
PPP LCP ECHO FAILURE error message.  This seems to have shown up
within the last two upgrades ap24 and ap27.  I don't have that
many Mac customers (phew), so I am not sure how many are having
this problem. But I have had two in the last 2 days.

Thanks