Re: (ASCEND) Tech support thanks!

On Fri, 10 Oct 1997, Jason Maxwell wrote:

> Those techs at Ascend are real class acts.  At least all the ones I have
> ever spoken to.

Well, maybe you got a rare good one, but about 3-4 of the ones I talked to
sure didn't know very much about routing etc etc.  One even tried to tell me
that I couldn't 'route' to a person dialing into my MAX because his IP
wasn't in the same subnet as mine and was QUITE insistant on this.  I had to
talk to a 'supervisor' (AKA: guy in next cubicle prolly) who finally
understood the problem...

Ascend: RE the MAX 200+, GET A DAMN CONSOLE PORT IN THAT THING!  It's a pain
in the ass to configure it with that silly Win95 'console'  To give it a
'MAX' classification as well, uhg..  Name it the Pipeline 78 or something.
*grrr*  Do you expect us all to run out and buy a Wintel box to configure
these things?  What if your in an all MAC shop?  How about an all Sun shop?
Hmm?  The person who made the final decision to not have a console port on
this thing should be SHOT.  I will gladly attend.