(ASCEND) Re: Testing Radius - Tool = radping

On Sat, 11 Oct 1997 Jason Maxwell <help@viconet.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a tool/utility that will allow someone to test if a
> radius proxy or authentication is working WITHOUT dialing into a system.

Yes.  Out here in Japan, there's an Ascend VAR called Digital Technologies
Corporation.  They've hacked together a RADIUS daemon that supports USR,
Ascend, and Livingston with one source code and a myriad of other RADIUS
2.0 features.  I don't think it's 2.0 tho.

They include a tool called "radping" that allows you to specify a server,
RADIUS key, and username/password and it will return an ACK or REJECTED as
well as the latency in the request in milliseconds.

http://www.dtc.co.jp/Radius2.0/

If you don't want to wade through the Japanese, there is an English
download page where you can register and get the download URL for the
source code to compile.

Cheers,

~~~
Kevin Ying / Chief System Administrator    interQ, Inc.
kevin@ns1.interq.or.jp                     Minamiaoyamamori Bldg 301
(vox) +81-3-3408-1616                      3-18-16 Minamiaoyama
(fax) +81-3-3423-8699                      Minato-ku, Tokyo 107, JP