Re: (ASCEND) connection problems - FIX

On Sat, 11 Oct 1997, I wrote:

  : Recently, my customers have been experiencing problems connecting to my
  : MAX 4048 when it is near full.  They may connect without problem or they
  : may try all night and can't connect until the morning.  I am getting the

Well, I'm not sure what caused it, but I know what fixed it.

It seems that a simple ColdStart was all it needed.  I've had the MAX
since June and I've never had to reboot it for any reason, so that wasn't
the first thing I thought of.  Maybe it should have been.

It seems that the problem started about the same day I added a new MAX to
the RADIUS clients file.  That wasn't immediately obvious because the
complaints didn't start coming in until two or three days after.

It was another two or three days before I determined the problem was on my
end.  Anyhow, I farted around with Radius for a couple of days, but
nothing worked.  Then, last night, a simple Sys Reset from the house seems
to have done the trick.

Regards,
Del