Re: (ASCEND) Users stay connected but cannot see any web sites

At 10:32 AM 10/14/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I have two Max 4000 units, one in my main locaation that only services
>dialup and isdn connections.  The other is in a remote POP and services
>one PRI for dialup and a T1 connecting back to my Cisco 4500 in my
>main location.  Users can connect fine, but after a random amount of
>time, sometimes 10 minutes or as long as two hours,  they are unable to
>go to any more web sites.  Windows 95 tells them that there is no DNS
>entry.  The DNS server is up, the circuit is up, and the client
>specifies the DNS servers in  their dialup networking entry.  There is
>nothing in the logs showing any connection issue.  I am running 5.0ap27.
>
>Has anyone seen this type of problem before?  I need to get this
>resolved, because I am losing customers.

We've experienced the same thing here -- no rhyme or reason...   We haven't
found a fix for it but we've experienced it for a few software revisions
now...

I've been able to replicate the situation on my own machine and sometimes,
after about 15 minutes, it actually comes back (more often than not I have
to disconnect and reconnect though...)

Jamie Penner
Nisa Internet Technologies Inc.
Nanaimo, BC  Canada