Re: (ASCEND) SNMP MIBs, Different Equipment, Different Revisions

> It would appear that Ascend needs to add the following levels
> to their mib tree:
>
> ...ascend(529).
> product(1-x).
> revision_major_num(4 and up).
> revision_suffix(0-9???).
> HERE STARTS THE TABLES

GACK!  No, PLEASE no!  I want my tables to be in the same places - I do not
want things to move around!!  As time goes on, more features will be SNMP
manageable.  This means if you use a new MIB with old software some fields
will be unavailable [true] but that the locations and meanings of the existing
objects will be constant.  This also means if you use an old MIB with new
software, the known objects will be available and accurate and only new
information will be presented as raw numbers.