Re: (ASCEND) Two default routes?

At 09:40 10/13/1997 +0100, Rui Bastos wrote:
>  I set a Max with no WAN connections and only a default route to a
>Pipeline 50 on the ethernet. For tests I used some other pipelines ...

>   Is there a way of making a Max know that there are two deafult routes
>without running any routing protocol? And of course without having to

not over the ethernet...

the "dual default" trick only works with WAN interfaces
where the router can remove routes when a connection goes away,
it has no way of knowing that a LAN router is not available
except through active routing announcements (or lack thereof)

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D