Re: (ASCEND) P75 -> Max : CL OK c=47?

On 14-Oct-97 Kevin Smith wrote:
>At 02:11 PM 10/9/97 -0000, Peter Leigh wrote:
[...]
>>   LAN Adrs=0.0.0.0/0
>
>This is not consistent with the "configure" entries you detail below...

Yes. Thanks to my typing the mail and trying different options at the same time
(mea culpa!). In fact it doesn't work with either 0.0.0.0/24 or our MAX's
primary ip addrs/subnet in here. The settings in fact do carry over to
Rem Addrs in "configure".

[...]
>> Telco options...
>>  AnsOrig=Ans Only
>
>Answer only, means the P75 should not be calling out with this profile...
>there must be another profile he's using to get to your max...

<blush>
Oh dear! I think I dropped a big one there! I'll just be honest and
admit I cut and paste this from our max config and then altered the params
to what he said he had (but I missed that one) I know this is bad but he
didn't have internet connectivity, I was juggling 3 support calls, etc.

He actually has AnsOrig=call only
</blush>

>>Configure ...
>>
>>  Switch Type=UK
>>  Chan Usage=Switch/Switch
>>  My Num A=
>>  My Num B=
>>  SPID 1=N/A
>>  SPID 2=N/A
>>  Data Usage=A
>>  Phone 1 Usage=None
>>  Phone 2 Usage=None
>>  Phone Num Binding=N/A
>>  My Name=<login name>
>>  My Addr=(his local IP address - I've suggested he make it 192.168. ...)
>
>Does this show up in the ethernet/mod config/ether options ??

Yep, same address, the one he telnets to to get to the P75

>>  Rem Name=nwnet
>>  Rem Addr=(address/subnet of our MAX)
>
>This is what should appear in the configuration above if its set here and
>*saved*....
>
>>  Dial #=(our ISDN number)
>>  Route=IP
>>  NAT Routing=NO
>>  NAT Profile=N/A

It appears just like that.

>>Thanks!!
>
>...sent to you from an NT4.0 workstation connected to a P75 (via a mini-hub),
>dialed into a MAX4000 (using NAT).... ;)

Yep, I'm convinced this would work if only one of us knew what we were doing
with the P75!

What I can't understand is why we get the same error code (47) that we get
when '95 DUN users don't have tcp/ip enabled.

Now he's got a modem going I've emailed his config and our config and his
radius entry to support@ascend.com ...

Thanks for reading to the bottom!

- Pete.

>Kevin