RE: (ASCEND) P75 -> Max : CL OK c=47?

On 09-Oct-97 Peter Leigh wrote:

>Hi, we have an ISDN user with a P75, dialling in to our MAX 4000
>Load: eb.m40 Revision: 5.0Ap13.
>
>I don't know that much about p75s ... When he dials in we see
>64k MP -> 64k PPP -> disconnect with code 47. It's getting his
>username ok and presumably password is ok. Code 47 is what we see
>when a DUN user has no tcp/ip installed (the code translates as
>"Closing LCP because no NCPs were opened")
>
>We have MP and MPP turned off here ... he's dialling in to a single
>MAX ... He's got NAT turned off - we're planning to enable it when we can
>get the conection up)
>
>Can anyone can give me even half a clue as to why this is happening ?

Yes! I can!

[...]
[nwnet connection]
>Ip Options:
>   LAN Adrs=0.0.0.0/0 [-> set this to our max's IP address / subnet]
>   WAN Alias=0.0.0.0
>   IF Adrs=0.0.0.0/0 [ -> set this to <ip address allocated by our max> / 32]
[...]

That fixed it in that our client can now get a ppp connection. Both
values needed to be set as shown above.

Question: does this indicate some problem with the max allocating IP addresses
(we have Pool-only=yes) or is this normal for P75s?

- Pete.

Peter Leigh <pete@nwnet.co.uk>
(+44) (0)161 950 7779