(ASCEND) Slowdown or hangup in Terminal Server mode

Hi,

several of our customers have started complaining about a
problem when dialing in to our max 4030 via term. serv. mode.
In some cases they are getting a stall in throughput when
transferring data in the terminal server mode (remote rlogin
to uucp server), sometimes even a hangup. This happens
at random, no matter what the load on the max is. From what I
heard the chances of it happening are around 5-8%. Again, we're
running p27, authenticating via radius (ascend version) and full
security is enabled for the terminal server. The users above are
dialing in with plain 33.6K modems and ISDN X.75.

FWIW, in addition the above problem one of our users sent me a
very strange debugging report, that he got while dialing in.
During the start of the rlogin session (right after he entered
the radius password and the remote server is contacted) his
software logged the ascii output of the max configuration menu.
Again, full security is enabled, I don't know how the hell that
could happen. Anyway, right in the middle of this ascii garbage
the login prompt of the remote server showed up. I suppose
"line noise" like this could screw up a uucp session and lead
to the problem mentioned above.

So basically my question to the ascend folks on this list is,
are there any known problems with the terminal server mode?
I'd be willing to do plenty debugging/testing if it helps.

And before I forget, all the customers that are complaining
have no problems whatsoever with the rlogin sessions on our
old Livingston PM2E equipment, which is still on duty until
next week.

--
Oliver J. Albrecht <oj@nexus.flensbone.net>
                   <olli@allcon.net>