Re: (ASCEND) The MAX TNT

On Mon, 20 Oct 1997, Josh Beck wrote:

> This is a distinctly poor idea. Integrating "new features" into patch
> releases makes them... um, let's see... unstable incremental releases. The
> patch releases are already recieving too many new features as it is and
> aren't getting more and more stable, as they should be. I say stop adding
> stuff to patch releases and let things stabilize again for once!

Well, we've not had problems with our Maxen on the patches as far as
stability.  However, the accounting bugs in the lastest versions were
noticed.  Again, not a major concern.  Stability isn't a problem as we can
usually reset the Maxen after the upgrade and it's done and they've not
crashed.  I guess we're lucky.  But, suffice it to say, we do need those
features.
--
Joseph Hickman
  Director of Network Operations / System Administration