Re: (ASCEND) Max won't dial out from Net/BRI

On Mon, 20 Oct 1997, Dale Botkin wrote:

> OK, I think i havea  config problem, but damned if i can find it.

But Ascend tech support did, in about five minutes.

> We're trying to dial out to a Pipeline 50.  We have four BRIs
> connrcted to the Net/BRI card, all working perfectly for dialin ISDN.
>  However, when I try to get eh max to dial out, no dice.  We have:

<cringe> Typo city.  Turns out someone else built the connection profile
and I never checked the IP addresses.  No LAN address, no dial, nohow.
Now the Max dials and everyone is happy.

Just for the sake of the other thread going on here, Ascend took under two
hours to call back.  Maybe less than one, I wasn't watching closely.  Tech
knew what he was doing and managed to find a dumb mistake without pissing
off the customer, so we give an extra two points for not laughing.

		Dale