(ASCEND) Max won't dial out from Net/BRI

OK, I think i havea  config problem, but damned if i can find it.

Max 4004, 5.0Ap24, 2x K56Mod-12, 1x Net/BRI.

We're trying to dial out to a Pipeline 50.  We have four BRIs
connrcted to the Net/BRI card, all working perfectly for dialin ISDN.
 However, when I try to get eh max to dial out, no dice.  We have:

System->Sys Config->Use Trunk Grps=Yes
Ethernet->Mod Config->Wan Options->Dial Plan=Trunk Grp
Ethernet->Mod Config->TServ Options->Modem Dialout=Yes (have tried No
also)
Net/BRI->Line Config->Factory->Line 4->B1 & B2 TrunkGrp=6, B1/B2
Usage=Switched
Ethernet->Connections->[connection name]->Dial# = 6nnnnnnn
Ethernet->Connections->[connection name]->Telco Options->Call
Type=Perm/Switched

I can go to the term server and try the test command; when I dial in
on BRI #1 it works fine; when I dial the remote number it says
"Error: wrong phone number" (as it should, I think).  So, the line is
OK, we can make outgoing calls OK, but the Max will NOT dial to bring
up the connection and won't let me do it either.  When I go to the
connection screen and hit CTRL-D, I don't have a dial option.  We
tried setting it up for callback; the remote dialed in,
authenticated, the connection dropped, and there it sat.  Nothing in
the syslog; it's not even TRYING to call out.

What did I miss?

	Dale