(ASCEND) dslpipe-s code/option issues.

This message was mainly directed at Kev, but I figured I'd address the
whole list in the meantime.

Kevin, I was told that the option to throttle/change the DSLPipe's
throughput (which is set to 768k hardwired), something that was
supposed to be there as advertised on Ascend's web page, would be
available about 3 weeks after we purchased the units;  this was in the
last week of August.

Is that option there yet?
If not, when will it be available?

Pardon my apparent irritation, but it seems my technical staff have been
getting the runaround from Ascend tech support (surprise!) and I'm still
miffed at the fact that this feature should've been there from the very
beginning of this product's release, as per your marketing info; as well,I
haven't seen a code release for the dslpipe-s that has this feature, even
though I was told it would be available late September sometime.

As per Ascend's web page, which is basically false advertising,
www.ascend.com/1085.html:

Service providers can offer users the full 768 Kbps
or reduce the throughput in increments of 16 Kbps. This
allows them to
accommodate users who don't require large amounts of
bandwidth and only want to pay for what they need.

This wasn't there, and probably still isn't there, correct?

Regards,

--
Gilles Melanson       - ViaNet Internet Solutions
System/Network Admin  - 128 Larch St., Sudbury, ON, Can P3E 5J8