Re: (ASCEND) Re: sigh (bitching) (dead horse beating)

On Mon, 20 Oct 1997, Joseph Hickman wrote:

> > As James said - in his experience.....and Steve Camas.....no doubt there are
> > others to echo your sentiments too....
>
> I can echo both sides.

I am really surprised to hear that people have to wait hours and hours to
get someone to call them back.  I have been on customer's sites and called
tech support.  When I hadn't heard back from them within an hour, I called
again and explained why it was urgent.... if it was to be deterined that
there was a problem with the PL50, there would be *just* enough time to
get an RMA and have another one shipped to me.  The 'call director'
understood and got someone to call me back within 5 minutes.  A
replacement unit was shipped overnight and installed the next day.

I sure hope people who are having problems getting help in a timely
fashion, explain to the call director when they have a serious problem.

Be it Ascend or Cisco or any other company, there will be tech support
people who are better or worse than others.  As tempting as it might be to
say, "Ya know, I've met eggplants that would understand my problem
better", sometimes you have to simply ask to speak to a supervisor or ask
for the person's nmw so you can *politely* ask a call director to give you
someone else.

Just my thoughts.... I'm just not convinced the horse is dead yet..

Steve