(ASCEND) Slow Connections on K56

Has anyone been having their customers experiencing slow connect rates
since upgrading to the K56Flex modems from Ascend?  I have upgraded my
MAXs to Ap27 and put in the new modems and I am having users with a lot of
complaints....some are complaining of having to call in several times to
connect and get validated, some are telling me that before with the 33.6
modem cards they used to hit that rate all the time, now with the new K56
cards, the best they can get is 14.4!!!  Still others are experiencing
their connections just dropping for no reason...

If anyone has had these problems and has a solution, please let me know...

Jim Williams